What is IELTA?
The value of having a professional association is immeasurable. Its existence is essential to a body of professionals who share a common expertise, and accountability is achieved through the research and practical experience amassed by the collective efforts of the associated individuals whose efforts move the field of practice forward.
Iran English Language Teacher Association (IELTA), established in 2014, is an organization of educators dedicated to the growth and development of the profession of English language teaching.
The role of IELTA is to help its members better serve English language learners in Iran and raise ELT standards through building a network of like-minded professionals. It is through our collective efforts that our work continues to progress, improve and evolve.
For educators engaged in English language teaching in Iran, being an IELTA member indicates a profound commitment to their peers and the profession they share. Engaging in professional discussions, courses and events together with benefitting from a wide range of materials and resources, we aim to explore, dialogue and improve on every aspect of our work. This is IELTA.
What are the benefits of joining IELTA?
There are many reasons why professionals require a local network, and membership in IELTA offers numerous benefits and rewards. Being part of a professional organization also indicates initiative, leadership and commitment.
IELTA and its members contribute to professionalism in our field by providing a forum and meeting place to share their knowledge and experience, challenge theories and assumptions, and engage with others who share similar goals.
- Member access to IELTA website, offering various services and information
- The “IELTA NEWSLETTER”, published four times a year, containing information on professional development events, conference and workshop reports, book reviews, opinion articles and teaching ideas
- Discounted rates for the Annual IATEFL Conference which provides workshops, international speakers, publishers’ displays and much more
- Discounted rates for IELTA Conferences and Training days offered three times per year in different cities of Iran.
- Scholarships and Awards available through IELTA Charitable Foundation
- Access to IELTA Special Interest Groups
- Access to IELTA Online Job Market
- Voting rights at IELTA Annual General Meeting (AGM)
- Email Alerts of Job Postings for teaching positions and other professional opportunities