IELTS Guide for Teachers
In almost every post here about exam classes I have always asked you to note that as the teacher of the exam class it is imperative that you know the test inside and out. In this post, we will read about IELTS.
IELTS is the world's most popular English language test for education, employment and migration, so it is a good idea to be prepared for it as an exam teacher.
The British Council (a British organisation specialising in international cultural and educational opportunities) jointly runs the global IELTS with University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations and IDP Education Australia. In a guide published by the British Council the following information is provided for IELTS teachers:
- IELTS overview
- IELTS test format
- IELTS scores and interpretation
- What makes IELTS an international test?
- Tips from teachers
- Becoming an IELTS examiner
- Continual research-based development
- IELTS assessment criteria (band descriptors)
- How IELTS maps to the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR)
You can use this link to download the guide and use the valuable information it has to offer.